Working with Netflix
Netflix has become one of the world's fastest growing content companies on the back of hit shows in markets around the world. The company spent around $12bn on original content in 2018 and now has over 140m subscribers across the world.
Netflix is also hiring talent to further accelerate its UK and European commissioning operation, recently poaching Anne Mensah from Sky to become its new VP of content for UK based scripted production.
Broadcast Intelligence conducted 15 in-depth interviews with producers and distributors from across the UK sector. This report includes semantic analysis of responses across the range of topics covered, as well as the full transcripts of the interviews.
Why should you buy this report?
This special report looks at what it takes to become a supplier and partner for Netflix, including how to:
- Win that coveted commission
- Prepare for financial and rights negotiations
- Work with the company on the creative vision for your show
This report will help you understand:
- How best to prepare and deliver a pitch to Netflix and what materials you will need.
- How Netflix interacts during the production process and what creative input they give.
- What rights are Netflix most keen on and if there is room for negotiation.
- How Netflix approaches marketing and how you will be involved.
- What feedback to expect throughout the process.
- The major differences between working with Netflix and a traditional provider.
Who should buy this report?
Producers, Distributors and Commissioners
"As an Amsterdam-based company entering the UK market for the first time, Working With Netflix precisely hit the right spot for us and was worth every penny, providing valuable local insight into an industry landscape that is changing week by week. It’s helped us to efficiently gauge the right people to talk to about our current slate of projects and production ambitions."
Ania Markham, Strategy Partner, PostPanic BV
Our analyst's take
"This exciting new report gives you an exclusive inside perspective on what it’s like to work with the world’s biggest streaming service. We provide insight across a range of topics, detail what to expect of Netflix at their best and reveal what surprises might be instore"
Jonathan Broughton, Lead Analyst, Media Business Insight