Emerging talent from Netflix and Studio Lambert among those selected for mentorship scheme
Talent from the likes of Netflix, Studio Lambert and Nutopia have been selected for this year’s Edinburgh Ones to Watch (OTW) scheme.
Netflix creative marketing manager for UK series Aaron Lynch and Studio Lambert digital producer Ellie Bacon are part of the latest roster of 30 OTW.
The scheme has been running for almost three decades and is aimed at helping people with three or more years’ experience take the next step.
This year’s roster also features Nutopia, Little Dot Studios, Afro-Mic and Dragonfly employees, although almost two-thirds (63%) are freelance.
Just shy of one-quarter of the OTW have a disability, with 43% coming from black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds and nearly three-quarters women.
This year’s MacTaggart lecturer is His Dark Materials writer Jack Thorne, the first disabled person to have delivered the inaugural address.
The winners will be given 12 months of mentoring from senior industry figures, along with three days of bespoke sessions and training and free access to this year’s Edinburgh International Television Festival.
Past OTW mentors include Jay Hunt, Charlotte Moore and Ben Frow.
“Fresh perspectives are what keep the TV industry ticking and I look forward to seeing our Ones to Watch, TV PhD and Network participants use their talent and drive to invigorate the industry from the ground up,” said Sarah Vignoles, talent schemes director for the Edinburgh TV Foundation.
Edinburgh Ones to Watch 2021: the full list
- Callum Akass, Development Executive, House Productions
- Gabby Alexander, Producer, Freelance
- Ellie Bacon, Digital Producer, Studio Lambert
- Rosie Baldwin, Shooting Director/Producer Director, Freelance
- Shianne Brown, Producer, Freelance
- Rachel-Anne Clarke, Producer, Freelance
- Sarah Dalley, DV Director, Freelance
- Avril Evans, Director, Freelance
- Phelan Glen, Director, Freelance
- Carla Grande, Shooting Producer, Freelancer
- Sian Harries, Writer/Performer, Llanbobl Vision
- Cathy Heffernan, Producer Director, Freelance
- Taryn Kalish, Development Assistant Producer, Nutopia
- Abigail Keyes, Development Assistant Producer, Afro-Mic Productions
- Yasmeen Khan, Writer/Broadcaster, Freelance
- Sharul Khan, Assistant Producer, Freelance
- Aaron Lynch, Creative Marketing Manager - UK Series, Netflix
- Gina Lyons, Comedy Producer, Freelance
- Jonny McGuigan, Senior Journalist, BBC News
- Ola Mosaku, Assistant Producer, Freelance
- Nessah Muthy, Writer, Freelance
- Jessicah North, Shooting Assistant Producer, Freelance
- Chibuikem “Chike” Oforka, Assistant Producer, Dragonfly Film & Television
- Jackie Okwera, Screenwriter, Freelance
- Molly Rees, Script Editor, Freelance
- Zoë Tomalin, Development AP & Writer, Hat Trick Productions
- Tom Wall, DV Director, Optomen
- Jake Wiafe, Senior Content Editor, Little Dot Studios
- Fay Winfield, Assistant Producer, Freelance
- Kobina Wood-Andoh, Assistant Producer, Freelance