Zig Zag Productions has secured five new formats as part of a fresh initiative to boost sales out of the Nordic region.
Danny Fenton, chief executive of Zig Zag, has optioned the UK and US rights to:
- Date My Life from Sweden’s Art89;
- Kids in the Picture from Denmark’s Babyfoot;
- Russian Roulette from Finland’s Aito Media;
- The Wall from Finland’s Intervisio;
- Gangster Boss from Denmark’s Koncern Film & TV.
The deals were closed at the first Nordic World Pitch in Denmark, organised by programme-sales alliance Nordic World that has been established by the region’s key broadcasters.
The inaugural networking and pitching event featured buyers from broadcasters TV2 (Norway), TV4 (Sweden), TV2 (Denmark) and MTV3 (Finland).
Rolf Wennel, head of formats at Norway’s TV2, said: “The Nordic region is already regarded as being a hot spot for formats and with a joint effort between broadcasters and independents there is a good chance the next big thing will come from our region.”