NAB 2016: Grass Valley has bolstered its range of LDX 86 Series of cameras with the launch of the 86N.
Built using Grass Valley’s newest UHD 2/3-inch imagers, the LDX 86N shoots 4K resolution and is aimed at the outside broadcast sector as well as live and studio productions. As well as shooting 4K the camera can capture 3G/HD.
“Now with the new imagers, we are able to combine all the power and flexibility of our LDX Series with the ability to capture full native 4K resolution on the LDX 86N.
“Customers who need 4K with the highest sensitivity, global shutter and high dynamic range will continue to select our LDX 86 Series cameras,” said Mike Cronk, senior vice president of strategic marketing, Grass Valley.
The new LDX 86N system cameras work with the XCU XF fiber base stations and XF Transmission adapters.
The series includes:
- LDX 86N HiSpeed 1X/3X HD super slow-motion camera
- LDX 86N XtremeSpeed 1X/3X/6X HD and 1X/3X 3G super slow-motion camera
- LDX 86N WorldCam for 3G/HD content in 1080i/720p/1080PsF/1080p
- LDX 86N 4K with all the features of the WorldCam plus 3840x2160 UHD
- LDX 86N Universe offers universal format support with switchable 1X/3X/6X HD, 1X/3X 3G and 1X 4K single speed capture