BDA Creative founder Bruce Dunlop has teamed up with London Olympic bid film director Daryl Goodrich to set up a creative agency.
Dunlop Goodrich will focus on branding and promotional projects for TV clients, with 60% of its work expected to come from the broadcast sector and the remaining 40% likely to come from corporate communications.
After resigning from BDA in April, Dunlop helped launch the Arise News TV channel and is leading the creative team for the BT Sports channels, which go live in the summer.
He is now turning his attention to Dunlop Goodrich: “We’re looking to do things differently,” he said. “BDA became quite topheavy and it can be the same at other agencies. We want to have a lot of creatives on the ground – wherever in the world that may be – all working under our guidance.”
Dunlop Goodrich will start with around five employees and use freelancers on a project-by-project basis. The company has taken office space at Sequence Post in central London, with the facility likely to post-produce the agency’s output. “We went with Sequence because it had a similar outlook. It’s an arrangement that seems to make a lot of sense,” Dunlop said.
Dunlop and Goodrich have known each other for 15 years, Partners: Bruce Dunlop has teamed up with Daryl Goodrich having worked together at BSkyB, where Dunlop was creative director from 1992 to 1998.
Goodrich’s most recent rebrand project was for Channel 4’s horseracing output, and his London Olympics bid film Inspiration led to him being credited as one of the top 10 people responsible for bringing the 2012 Olympic Games to London.