Nineteen mid-level execs to be helped chart a course to senior roles
ScreenSkills has identified 19 Leaders of Tomorrow and will help the mid-level execs chart a route through the industry.
The training body’s programme has been created to meet demand for improved career pathways for people from under-represented backgrounds, with more than half of the pool black, Asian and minority ethnic, three-quarters female and two-fifths based outside of London.
The 19 people, who have been selected from more than 100 applicants and work in a variety of mid-level roles, will be given a comprehensive programme of mentoring, masterclasses, bespoke training and paid on-the-job training over the next three years.
ScreenSkills’ High-end TV Skills Fund is funding 15 of the places, with the BBC investing in a further two and one each from Netflix and Sky Studios.
“We know it is key that industry not only invests in bringing new people in, but also provides effective support to move people up into leadership and management roles,” said ScreenSkills director of high-end television Kaye Elliott.
“This comprehensive and inclusive programme has been designed to give mid-career professionals who are already rated by their peers the tools to progress into leadership roles and to ensure we have a vibrant and robust industry now and in the future.”
Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ola Kaminska-Omozik Accounts (Northern Ireland)
- David Crewdson Art dept (South West)
- Hannah Lewis Assistant director (London)
- Heather Crompton Camera (Yorkshire)
- Charlotte Richardson Costume (North West)
- Rianna Charles Costume (South East)
- Rachel Erskine Edit (Scotland)
- Emma Marie Cramb Edit (London)
- Victoria Nugent Hair and make-up (Wales)
- Annie Little Hair and make-up (London)
- Sanjay Sharma Production (London)
- Jamie Lee-Aird Production (Scotland)
- Cory Townsend Locations (Scotland)
- Kiri Degon Post production (London)
- Payam Hosseinian Post sound (London)
- Florence Watson Production (London)
- George Thompson Production sound (London)
- Chris Bullock Production sound (South East)
- Monika Chowdhary VFX (London)