A networking and discussion group for women working in non-craft roles in television has been launched.
Females in the Broadcast Industry (FBI) is aimed at sales, operations, marketing, engineering and business people.
Sadie Groom (pictured), founder of the initiative and managing director of PR agency Bubble & Squeak, said: “After the great success of the two events that we have already held at IBC and the discussion and coverage that this generated we decided to formalise the group and open up membership.
“We hope that women, and men, will join us to start a discussion on the issues involved and come to our events with ideas for what the industry can be doing better to encourage women to come into this sector.”
The FBI advisory panel
- Sadie Groom, managing director, Bubble & Squeak
- Lesley Johnson, operations director, BBC Worldwide
- David Dowling, vice president of sales for EMEA and APAC, Ross Video
- Nicki Fisher, EMEA sales director, Clear-Com
- Samantha Arlow, area sales manager, Five Arrows Media Finance
- Charlotte Wheeler, event director, Media Business Insight
- Anne-Louise Buick, head of TV Compression Portfolio Marketing, Ericsson
- Molly Connolly, WW strategist for Media & Entertainment, Dell
- Stephanie Genin, vice president of Global Field Marketing Technology, Avid
- Jessica Hawkes, account manager, Bubble & Squeak