Evolutions was named as the UK’s best television facility at last night’s Conch sound awards, fighting off competition from Films at 59 and Ascent 142 to win the coveted title.
The London post house was also victorious in the TV Entertainment category for its audio work on the BBC’s Top Gear, the third year in a row that it has won that award.
It was also a successful night for Soho’s Molinare which won Best Film Facility and also collected a Conch in the documentary feature category for Man on Wire.
The award for the best commercial facility went to Angell Sound.
Lipsync’s Paul Cotterell was rewarded for his efforts on The Red Riding Trilogy with the best TV Dubbing Mixer gong while Ben Norrington was named best TV sound editor for Law and Order UK and Spooks.
Sumner’s Emily Nuttall was crowned Best Newcomer. The Fellowship was awarded to the renowned music recordist Keith Grant.
The Conch Sound Awards honours projects, people and facilities from the Commercial, Film and TV industries. The ceremony took place on 22 September at King’s Place, London.
Full list of winners
- The Fellowship Award: Keith Grant
- Newcomer: Emily Nuttall, Sumners
- Unsung Heroes: *Andy Picton & Trevor Griffin, The Pinewood Studios Group
- TV Sound Editor of the Year (Sponsored by SADiE): Ben Norrington
- TV Dubbing Mixer of the Year (Sponsored by Avid): Paul Cotterell, LipSync
- Audio on TV Entertainment (Sponsored by De Wolfe Music Ltd):Top Gear, Evolutions
- Audio on TV/Film Documentary: Man on Wire, Molinare
- Audio on TV Drama (Sponsored by Whitemark): Doctor Who, Bang Post Production
- Film Soundtrack of the Year under £10m (Sponsored by Munro Acoustics): Slumdog Millionaire
- Film Soundtrack of the Year Over £10m (Sponsored by UK Film Council)Quantum of Solace
- Production Sound Mixer of the Year (Sponsored by AMPS): Simon Hayes
- Film Sound Editor (Sponsored by Goldcrest): Eddy Joseph
- Film Re-Recording Mixer (Sponsored by Euphonix): Mike Prestwood Smith
- Best Foley project (Sponsored by Allan, Chapman & James): Quantum of Solace, Soundelux
- Commercial of the Year (Sponsored by Film London): Hovis ‘Go On Lad’, Wave
- TV Facility (Sponsored by Scrub): Evolutions
- Commercial Facility (Sponsored by Hub +): Angell Sound
- Film Facility (Sponsored by Hireworks): Molinare