SPONSORED: Are you ready to turn your ideas into business and to connect with global industry leaders? Join us in person at Esports BAR Cannes this October.
The countdown has begun. The global esports industry is preparing to meet in a real, physical arena, at Esports BAR Cannes on 13-15 October, to discuss the future of one of the world’s most exciting industries.
The entire value chain of the esports industry – from games publishers & developers, to teams & leagues, consumer brands and broadcast & media – will meet over three insightful, productive, fun days on the French Riviera, all in maximum safety.
“The industry can’t wait for the opportunity to get back together in person, meet new contacts, share insights and do great business,” says Arnaud Verlhac, director of Esports BAR.
Are you too looking to grow your business? Esports leaders representing companies from 22 countries will be at this 9th edition of Esports BAR. Names taking part include the likes of EA Sports, Tencent Games, Microsoft, Movistar, Gfinity, Telstra, and consumer brands ABInBev and Mastercard. A particularly strong presence is arriving from the UK, Germany, France and Spain, as well as the US.
As a special for this year, Esports BAR Cannes is being held alongside MIPCOM 2021 (11-14 October), the world’s leading entertainment content market – a reflection of the rise in importance of esports within the entertainment industry.
The Esports BAR Conference Programme
At the heart of Esports BAR Cannes is the Conference Programme. This year, over 50 speakers share their knowledge, experience and case studies. Key sessions include:
• MICHELLE TIERNEY (director of commercial partnerships, Guild Esports) on how esports teams are becoming lifestyle brands.
• Viewership trends for 2022: a panel session with industry leaders from Esports Charts, BBL, Mediapro and Seven.One Sports.
• JIN HO JAMES YANG (global esports center director, Tencent Games) and LEO DE BIASE (founder & CEO, BBL) on mobile esports – the opportunities and challenges.
• Humanising gaming & esports: a session with ALVARO ALVAREZ (documentary filmmaker, BBC) and NICK JEKYLL (creative director, Paradise London).
• How the pandemic has impacted league business models, sponsorships and partnerships, with JORDI SOLER (CEO, League of Videogames Professionals –LVP, part of Mediapro) and WOUTER SLEIJFFERS (CEO, Excel).
The role of esports in the wider community is also part of this year’s Conference Programme. Debora Atala, head of content at Esports BAR, explains: “As esports becomes more mainstream and looks to appeal to a younger audience, we are looking to encourage a dialogue about how the esports community can create a sense of inclusion and identity.”
How you can take part in Esports BAR Cannes
There are several ways to attend Esports BAR Cannes, to suit the different needs of participants. There are two different types of passes on offer:
• The FORUM DELEGATE PASS – perfect for a deep-dive into esports. This pass offers full access to the Esports BAR Conference Programme, the networking app, the Warm-up Cocktail and, most importantly, the Mentoring Programme, which includes mentoring and 1-to-many sessions on each of the three days.
• The VIP ARENA PASS – this all-inclusive pass carries, as it says, the VIP badge. With all the benefits of the Forum Delegate Pass, the VIP Arena Pass also includes access to the 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme, VIP networking lunches on the Thursday and Friday, and the VIP dinner on Thursday, together with two hotel nights.
Join Esports BAR’s exclusive VIP club
Would you like to join an exclusive club to connect and mingle with esports leaders, global consumer brands and media executives? Participants who sign up for the VIP Arena Pass automatically join the Esports BAR 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme.
The programme includes a minimum of 16 pre-scheduled 1-to-1 meetings with decision makers of your choice, together with suggestions powered by our AI system.
Stay with us for more: a regional focus on APAC
Five days after the arena closes on Esports BAR Cannes, we open the online Digital VIP Offer – Regional focus APAC, available on demand for three days over 20-22 October.
VIP Arena pass holders have free access to the APAC regional focus and Forum Delegate pass holders have a special offer of €50. The full price is €200. In the spotlight are the markets of Southeast Asia and Oceania.
Esports BAR 365
If you’re looking to warm up before Esports BAR Cannes in October, join us online all-year-round on the Esports BAR blog, as well as on our social media platforms.
We look forward to welcoming you on the French Riviera. Join the game face to face in October, register for Esports BAR Cannes now to grow your business globally!
Esports BAR is part of RX (previously Reed Exhibitions), the world-leading organiser of entertainment content events. Our roots stretch deep into the world of entertainment. At Esports BAR, we’re committed to transforming the sport of the digital generation into the future of entertainment by providing esports industry leaders with the most efficient and meaningful B2B events!