The impact of job losses at 3sixtymedia has been lessened following discussions between ITV Studios and media industry trade union Bectu.

Although 24 roles have gone at the Salford-based facilities firm as part of a restructure, only eight redundancies were compulsory with a further eight being made voluntarily. Six contracts were not renewed and three people have been re-deployed, one temporarily.

At the same time, the plan to reduce the number of online and offline editors employed by 3sixtymedia from six to four has been postponed. The affected editors have agreed to a nine-month trial on new terms and conditions to negate the need for redundancies.

When the consultation period started in November, it was proposed that 28 of the 54 employees at 3sixtymedia would lose their jobs - 24 of 47 roles within the Post-Production department and four of nine jobs within its Studio Crewing division.

An ITV Studios spokesperson said: “Since we established 3sixtymedia in 2000 production requirements have evolved significantly. Following a recent review we have made some changes to position the business for the future.”

At the conclusion of the consultation Bectu praised ITV Studios head of HR Trish Brady, and Gary Westmoreland, 3sixtymedia director of post, for “the reasonable manner” in which they dealt with the restructure.

ITV Studios owns 90% of 3sixtymedia with the remaining 10% held by BBC Studios and Post Production.

3sixtymedia’s credits include Diet Fact, Diet Fiction for ITV, Cradle to Grave for BBC2 and Midwinter of the Spirit (pictured) for ITV.