Over 70 professionals will be employed by the centre, which will provide Channel 4’s operations.
Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) has announced it has launched a hybrid-cloud media centre in Leeds.
Over 70 profesionals will be employed by the centre, which comes after a September 2019 deal in which PFT agreed to handle media processing, centralized content operations including live simulcast and VOD service for Channel 4 with its flagship product, CLEAR™ Media ERP.
PFT Leeds will provide Channel 4’s operations, including receipt and delivery of content, quality control, edit & remastering, archiving, live simulcast of linear channels and transcoding, along with packaging and delivery of non-linear services. It is assisted in this by its location near the new national headquarters of the channel.
Content Supply Chain Services offered will include:
- QC Services: Automated QC, master audio/video QC, broadcast standard “full eyeball” QC and spot check QC across all formats with quick turnaround time
- Editing & Remastering Services: QC fixing, remastering of acquisitions and re-purposing content
- Archive Services: Video tape ingest, archive data migration and archiving of new content to multiple platforms
- Compliance & Global Re-Versioning Services: Cataloging and editing for delivery across territories with varying broadcast regulatory needs
- Digital Distribution Services: Transcode, package and deliver to multi-format destinations, platforms and broadcasters worldwide
- Access to PFT’s Global Media Services pipeline:
Localization Services: Text (scripting, subtitling, CC, SDH) and voice (audio description, dubbing) localization in over 60 languages
Re-mastering Services: VFX embedded global re-mastering pipeline
Creative Services: Production and post-production services for short-form content, long-form content and marketing assets (on air and digital promos)
Nick Kaimakami, executive vice president & head – EMEA & USA East, Prime Focus Technologies said: “2020 and COVID have shown us that technology is even more critical than ever. Surrounded by the new world-class studio hub and a growing Leeds industry, our facility will act as a CLEAR-powered Media Hub Gateway to take advantage of the wider global and connected ecosystem and offerings.”