News of Framestore’s return to the world of TV VFX and the closure of Fountain Studios were among the most popular articles.
2) The X Factor prepares Acton move
A production space in Acton is to be the new home of the ITV entertainment show when Fountain Studios closes in February next year.
4) Procam snaps up Take2’s camera rental business
Hire firm Procam’s acquisition of Take2’s camera and grip inventory, staff and the Take 2 brand.
5) Pinewood Group agrees £320m takeover
Aermont, a London-based asset management business, agreed a deal for the facilities giant.
6) BBC S&PP shows off refurbished TVC
A glimpse of the overhauled site ahead of next year’s opening.
7) The Farm set to open new post facility in Bristol
News of The Farm’s preparations for a new post-production facility on Whiteladies Road.
8) Former Technicolor duo set up media services facility
Liquid Media Hub was launched by Gary Edwards and Peter Carrington.
10) Timeline duo start ‘pop-up’ post firm for remote work
Eben Clancy and Chris Groom launched their remote editing and finishing offering for production companies.
11) Google builds three studios at Kings Cross HQ
The new Google HQ in London’s Kings Cross will include three studios that popular YouTube channel producers can use to create content.
12) Ericsson to set up playout operation in Salford
Ericsson confirmed plans to open a playout operation for the BBC at MediaCityUK in Salford.
13) DazPix to up sticks and move in with The Farm
Motion graphics, CGI, VFX and animation studio DazPix moved into The Farm’s new facility on Newman Street.
14) Pinewood posts record revenue as TV income falls again
Pinewood Group recorded a surge in revenue due to the strong performance of its film division.
15) Sadiq Khan backs proposal for London’s largest studio
Sadiq Khan lent his support to plans to build the capital’s largest studio facility in East London.
16) Evolutions acquires Bristol’s Big Bang Post
Evolutions boosted its presence in Bristol by buying the trade and key assets of Big Bang Post Production.
17) Fountain Studios closure date confirmed
The X Factor was confirmed as the last show to shoot at the Wembley facility.
18) Blue 2.0 to trade on after managers come to rescue
Two senior members of the post firm’s management team were granted a licence to trade as the Soho post house.
19) Technicolor acquires visual effects firm Munky
Eight of Munky’s staff, including founder and creative director Gary Brown, joined Technicolor.
20) Dock10 acquires another Manchester post facility
Dock 10 bought 422’s Manchester post-production and visual effects business in a 100% shareholding deal.